Please read in conjunction with our Terms & Conditions.
Breaches of the rules may result in time penalties or disqualification.
Please obey any instructions given by the Race Marshals.
No headphones are allowed during any phase of the race.
- PLEASE NOTE THE BIKE SECTION IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ROAD BIKES.
- It is your responsibility to bring a bike that is road worthy and complies with the BTF rules (visit www.britishtriathlon.org for more information). A key rule is that no outside assistance is allowed. You should therefore come equipped to fix your own bike eg. punctures.
- A bike helmet is COMPULSORY - approved cycling safety helmets of ANSI Z90.4, SNELL B90, EN 1078 or an equivalent national standard must be worn by competitors. (NOTE: a CE mark is NOT an approval mark).
- Always cycle on the left hand side and beware of competitors overtaking you on the right. Please pay attention to the marshals instructions at all times. The bike course can get very slippery when wet.
- You should run on the left at all times (we do accept some parts of the course are quite narrow!), be aware of other competitors trying to pass you and take care when passing other competitors.
- Do not run in cleats, as the terrain isn't suitable.
- Competitors must not mount bikes prior to exiting Transition and must dismount before re-entering.
- Once you return to Transition after the bike phase please make sure you return your bike to the same position it was in at the start of the race.