Glen Affric Duathlon News

Glen Affric Duathlon 2020 – Event Postponed

Due to the escalating Corona Virus situation it is with great disappointment and reluctance that we have decided to postpone the Glen Affric Duathlon scheduled for 2nd May. We are currently talking to our sponsors, suppliers and landowners to find a suitable date in late September/early October by which time it is hoped the situation will be much improved and the safety of our competitors, marshals, spectators, etc will be assured. The duathlon is not termed a ‘mass event’ but we have taken into account a number of factors including of course the government advice on restricting travel and limiting social interaction.

All competitors have the right to a full refund of their entry fees or alternatively opt to defer to the rearranged date which we will confirm as soon as we can. I am sure you will all share our disappointment but hopefully you can still take part on the new date. The Glen Affric Duathlon is a community run event with limited resources and we already have a financial commitment to suppliers so it is vitally important that we at least cover our costs. Hence I would hope you can do your best to accept the rescheduled date and make this year’s event another success.

We would ask you to delay contacting us until we announce the new date for the event. This post will be sent to the email address supplied by competitors when they signed up but please keep any eye on our Facebook Page for further updates. In the meantime we have closed entries but they will reopen once we have the new date.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.